Self Care is very important. I learned about self care and ways to positively release stress about a year ago. (I know, took me long enough). Since then I’ve been making huge efforts to take care of myself for my mental well-being.
Taking a few minutes out of your day to take care of yourself will help you focus more on you, feel better and more connected to yourself. Always try to put yourself on the top of your priority list. (This is also something I’m working on).
Here are my 20 free tips for self care so you can be the healthiest you! You can take off or add whatever you’d like to this list to make it your own!
1. Get up. Great ready- Getting out of bed may be hard but getting up and getting ready for the day will feel great.
2. Go out for a walk- Get some fresh air. Go to a nice neighborhood and take a stroll!
3. Read a book- I love reading! It’s one of my favorite hobbies!
4. Color- I actually have like five-ish coloring books!
5. Netflix and chill- Not in the dirty way! Like literal Netflix and chilling!
6. Write- I write down legit everything. Filling up notebooks like crazy!
7. Watch some childhood favorite movies- Remember all those Disney movies you used to love? Look some up!
8. Cook something “fancy” with only what you have in your kitchen right now.
9. Sit in the grass outside- Be mindful and pay attention to whats around you and get some fresh air.
10. Organize something in your house!– My close is my current project!
11. Count your blessings- Make a list of everything you are grateful for!
12. Set some goals- Try to complete some of the goals that you can today!
13. Make some art- It doesn’t even have to be good art!
14. If you have pets, spend some time with them- I’m writing this with a foster kitten on my lap right now!
15. Make a healthy diet plan- Thinking of doing a blog post on this too, what do you guys think?
16. Watch the clouds!
17. Invite a friend over- Find some good company to chill out with.
18. Read motivational stories about how other overcame mental illness!
19. Write a list of everything you love about yourself!
20. Take some time off social media- Social media can be toxic at times with all the drama and scary, controversial news. So sometimes it’s best to take a break from all that.
I hope you guys find these helpful. Make your own list of self care tips at home if you can! Feel free to use any of these.
If you are feeling as if you are in a crisis and need immediate help, please call the suicide hotline at 1 (800) 273-8255 or consult your therapist. I promise you things will get better.
Thank you for reading this! Feel free to leave feedback or contact me!